Friday, June 12, 2009

My upcoming schedule of museum visits

Hi, everyone!

This past week was not conducive for museum outings for me. Last weekend I had 3 birthdays (boyfriend Friday, son on Sat. and father on Sunday - whew!) and planning a big party for my dad, which is tonight, because he turned 60. Then, probably from being run down from all the birthday festivities, I was sick all this past week.

This Sunday I am taking a trip to the Met which I am very excited about (even though it is supposed to rain.) I am particularly interested in the Greek & Roman art because we have been reading Greek literature and studying Greek tragedy in my Humanities class. Next week I will be going to the Yale Art gallery, which, from what I understand, also has a Greek art exibit.

Just an FYI to anyone going to the Yale Center for British Art, they only allow photographs on the 4th floor. I meant to post that on my assignment and forgot to.

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Great... Have fun at the Met... be sure to allow enough time there The Greek and Roman collections on the first floor are particularly wonderful as the spaces are completely new and feature spectacular natural lighting. (great for photography) Take lots of pictures!

    ReplyDelete